After purchasing a brand new Canon 24-70 f4 lens, I noticed a back focus problem.I immediately conducted a test in every conceivable way and on 2 different camera bodies to verify that the lens had a problem.
Since the lens was under warranty, I sent it in to Canon's repair facility. After sending the lens back to Canon to repair the problem 4 times, I went up the chain and got connected with Canon's Consumer Relations dept., and eventually had their own technician evaluate the lens. His reply was that my lens was indeed defective and that Canon would send me a new replacement. After arriving, I immediately tested this lens and to my shock - it was also back focusing.
You could imagine how furious and frustrated I was at this point. After contacting consumer relations - I was given very poor customer service with impatience on their part and no understanding. The representative stated that he would have to bring up the issue with his supervisor and would contact me in a couple of days. It has been over a week now and I have given up on Canon.
An attorney was contacted to see what may be my next step to either get my money returned for a defective product, or possibly get an exchange for a different focal length. Photographers expect their lenses to focus properly - period.
The attached photo is an example where I focused on "minolta" camera body and shot it at f11.Notice how camera behind is tack sharp while no depth of field sharpness to the front of focus plane.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Defective products and slow response
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Replacement with different focal length of same value and I will pay on price difference, or full refund!!
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ef 24-70Mm F 4L
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I purchased 2 two nu wave oven and both went through the same failure , dome crack. Other problem is that the unit at a year start losing the..."
- "I bought a Clipacell for my cell phone at the Ohio State Fair from Tom Patterson, of Patterson Services, LLC. It was guaranteed for life, period. It broke in only..."
- "I visited Big lot a week before Christmas, saw a nostalgic stereo system for $85.00. Left it and came back, asked if there were anymore, i was told only the..."
- "I placed an online order 10/30/15, rec'd an email thanking me for ordering. 11/6/15 and my order still had not shipped, so i call Torrid customer service and they say..."
- "I spent over 20 minutes with a brothers online support person who told me to take out the toner--remove it from the drum-replace it-go online for various information-do various procedures..."
- "Super 8 is a nasty place roaches bed bugs, dirty towels blankets and horrible service a waist of money.... If you go here be on stand by to leave with..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."
- "Oh how I wished I would have read these reviews before I purchased the wig for this SCAM of a business. I also did not get the right color of..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."