3.0

After purchasing a brand new Canon 24-70 f4 lens, I noticed a back focus problem.I immediately conducted a test in every conceivable way and on 2 different camera bodies to verify that the lens had a problem.

Since the lens was under warranty, I sent it in to Canon's repair facility. After sending the lens back to Canon to repair the problem 4 times, I went up the chain and got connected with Canon's Consumer Relations dept., and eventually had their own technician evaluate the lens. His reply was that my lens was indeed defective and that Canon would send me a new replacement. After arriving, I immediately tested this lens and to my shock - it was also back focusing.

You could imagine how furious and frustrated I was at this point. After contacting consumer relations - I was given very poor customer service with impatience on their part and no understanding. The representative stated that he would have to bring up the issue with his supervisor and would contact me in a couple of days. It has been over a week now and I have given up on Canon.

An attorney was contacted to see what may be my next step to either get my money returned for a defective product, or possibly get an exchange for a different focal length. Photographers expect their lenses to focus properly - period.

The attached photo is an example where I focused on "minolta" camera body and shot it at f11.Notice how camera behind is tack sharp while no depth of field sharpness to the front of focus plane.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "replacement with different focal length of same value and i will pay on price difference, or full refund!!" as the author lost $800. The author is overall dissatisfied with Canon and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about canon photo camera from Canon was defective products and slow response Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Canon.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Canon to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Canon?

Comments