After purchasing a brand new Canon 24-70 f4 lens, I noticed a back focus problem.I immediately conducted a test in every conceivable way and on 2 different camera bodies to verify that the lens had a problem.
Since the lens was under warranty, I sent it in to Canon's repair facility. After sending the lens back to Canon to repair the problem 4 times, I went up the chain and got connected with Canon's Consumer Relations dept., and eventually had their own technician evaluate the lens. His reply was that my lens was indeed defective and that Canon would send me a new replacement. After arriving, I immediately tested this lens and to my shock - it was also back focusing.
You could imagine how furious and frustrated I was at this point. After contacting consumer relations - I was given very poor customer service with impatience on their part and no understanding. The representative stated that he would have to bring up the issue with his supervisor and would contact me in a couple of days. It has been over a week now and I have given up on Canon.
An attorney was contacted to see what may be my next step to either get my money returned for a defective product, or possibly get an exchange for a different focal length. Photographers expect their lenses to focus properly - period.
The attached photo is an example where I focused on "minolta" camera body and shot it at f11.Notice how camera behind is tack sharp while no depth of field sharpness to the front of focus plane.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Defective products and slow response
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Replacement with different focal length of same value and I will pay on price difference, or full refund!!
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ef 24-70Mm F 4L
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Have just spent 7mths renovating our house purchased a Miele clean steel dishwasher, this week my cabinet maker installed all our appliances that had been stored together hot plate, oven,..."
- "I ordered a brand new 2016 Vizio TV. It came delivered to me in an undamaged box but the unit is damaged. I sent the pictures as requested..."
- "I bought a brand new (or so I thought) X2 on 12/8/16 straight off of the company website. It was a promo deal that included the board and bag. When..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "I received a top I ordered with a black spot on the back. I filed for a return on their website and uploaded pictures asked. they offered me 20% and..."
- "I spent over 20 minutes with a brothers online support person who told me to take out the toner--remove it from the drum-replace it-go online for various information-do various procedures..."
- "I placed an online order 10/30/15, rec'd an email thanking me for ordering. 11/6/15 and my order still had not shipped, so i call Torrid customer service and they say..."
- "I have attached a photo of the conditions my local walmart sees appropriate to keep living creatures in. In two different tanks this was happing. ENORMOUS mounds of dead fish..."