Verified Reviewer

On March 9, 2022 I had difficulty setting up my printer, called the number in the box. Not sure how but I was transferred to someone who told me I had problems with malware/viruses they cleaned my computer and said they could sell me a policy that would encrypt all my devices to prevent further problems.

I should have seen red flags when they said the $609. had to come from my checking account but I trusted them because I though I was dealing with a Canon employee. On May 28, 2022 I get calls from the same people telling me they were unable to run a scan. After much bother they now are trying to sell me a Cisco encryption package for $1,299!!!

As stupid as I was the first time around at least I didn't fall for this one. I called Canon to tell them what was going on, I saw Amazon reviews that described the same scam.

Run, do not trust Canon. I'll update this if I get any help from Canon

User's recommendation: do not take any tech advice about your computers from Canon.

Product or Service Mentioned: Canon Printer.

Canon Pros: Printer works fine.

Canon Cons: Tech rip off.

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland